View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Changing gears in the middle of a hand - Line check

I had raised raised four of the last five or six hands, so I had been more than a bit loose and aggressive. Read on Villain was was that he was not very good. His weak re-raise pf felt like it was more of an isolation move than a monster, but I was not ready to rule out QQ+.

On the flop I wasn't concerned so much about a flush draw as much as I was about being against QQ+. I did not want to stack off with AK, so my C/Call was to exercise a bit of pot control as I was acting last for the rest of the hand.

I was ready to re-evaluate on the turn,
When the small heart hit I checked again for the same reason I checked the flop as I was still not ready to play a for my whole stack OOP. Villain's bet showed weakness, and figured I was ahead here as AQ, QQ, and AA would have bet a lot more on the flop, and played the turn different. I figured I was ahead here against AXh or maybe KKh or JJh. I was ready to charge him in case he now had a flush draw.

I was pot committed at river and prefer shoving to calling any non heart on the river.

Comments on all streets are appreciated, (except for my starting stack - I know I should have had a full buy-in)

Regards,
Carl

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG+1 ($72.05)
MP1 ($21.75)
Hero ($36.40)
CO ($36.65)
Button ($49)
SB ($13.65)
BB ($50)
UTG ($39.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
3 folds</font>, Hero raises to $1.75</font>, CO raises to $3</font>, 3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6.75) 8, A, Q (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($11.75) 6 (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets $2.5</font>, Hero raises to $11</font>, CO calls $8.50.

River: ($33.75) T (2 players)</font>
Hero bets $19.9 (All-In)</font>, CO calls $19.90.

Final Pot: $73.55