View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Just Saw Sicko, Now Have Question

[ QUOTE ]
You are a genius. The difference between an adult and a child is that an adult can often make a choice a child cannot. While as an adult I am personally against government controlled primary education. I am not opposed to its funding.

I am not an ACist and I believe Government funding for infrastructure can progress society faster than private funding. I beleive education to be included in infrastructure. A voucher system would be ideal imo.

Back to the topic:

Health care is solveable through the free market. While some might need help, dependent children, elderly, disabled, there is no reason my neighbor should help pay for my healthcare when I was too irresponsible to take care of it myself.

Best Wishes, Emperor

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the health care of children? i suppose you support government funding of that if it is necessary to ensure they are al covered? if you don't, you're a total hypocrite.

anyway, i don't share your crude philosophy of children vs adults. i feel like everyone is entitled to a minimum standard of living and that no one should be without a roof over their head(whether it's in a shelter or a house), food to eat(doesn't have to be 4 star, just something nutritious so they don't starve), and health care to keep them healthy. why are these concepts so foreign to so many people?

btw, it's no coincidence that life expectancy has increased as the govt has gotten more and more involved in health care. life expectancy has increased greatly from the 1960s till today.

you can call me a rockefeller republican. nelson rockefeller is my political idol and it's too bad that the republican party has veered so far to the right. mike bloomberg is also good.