View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 08:50 PM

Default New Delll Laptop Fubar

Hey guys, so in this thread I talked about the new Dell Laptop I got for like $1400 bucks.

Well it seemed fine the first time I turned it on. Didn't do much, just downloaded a anti virus mod32 or whateve...downloaded pokerstars and seemed good to go.
I noticed that the touchpad was kind of iffy...sometimes u had to press really hard and other times it didn't react well.

But all around everything looked sweet.

Turned on today for the 2nd time...things seemed normal. playing a game of poker and noticed that the corners of the screen seemed to be dark and then get brighter..then all of a sudden the brightness of the screen started ging apeshit. Bright white..then back to normal..then bright/dark/flickering. etc etc. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Well to be honest I kind of felt this might be way to much computer for what I need. 17 inchs is huge and all I'm going to do is play poker on it so maybe overmaxing with Ram/HDR etc might have been overkill $$$ wise.

Thinking maybe I should have bought a 15 incher or just a new 22inch 204b and stuck with the laptop.

So obv I'm sending it back cuz its defective.

Have any of you guys dealt with returning laptops etc with Dell for refunds?? Pain in the ass to get your money back?