Thread: IM Conversation
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: IM Conversation

Nice post. The problem that I have with this line of thinking is that reality hasn't born out (yet?) to prove it right. I think this theory is one step behind modern understanding of economics. It's kind of like the business man who thinks that the economy is going south so he doesn't hire more sales force, he doesn't buy new production equipment and doesn't engage in the business growth that got him where he is. Next thing you know, his business is going under just like he thought it would. POOF.... Self fulfilling prophecy.

Something Alan Greenspan said in an interview about the federal reserve was that it was there to facilitate what the American people do. Meaning, I think, that capital will always be available. It is hard to explain, but somehow that one statement ties it all together for me.

Borodog also underestimates the sheer hegemony of a monetary and military monopoly. It is like trying to move the moon to break it. I don't think he or many other people understand the lengths that the US will go to to protect it. Politicians will always please the people. The people need bread and circuses to keep them happy. Nations will be in ashes to make that happen. That simple.