View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Should there be a sexual assault crime?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there something fundamentally different about sexual assault where it is deserving its own crime

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, its sexual in nature...is that not fundamental enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but for the fact that we are told that "it isn't about sex."

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of both consentual and non consentual sex are both initiated by males (especially the initial encounter). IMO the women's movement (read: women who want power and privelege for women- and do not want, fight for, or defend equality between man and women) made this view (it's about power) popular.

The women's movement is especially fond of pointing out things that men do wrong, and in particular in which there is a female victim. Of course men commit the vast majority of unwanted sexual advances, they commit the vast majoirity of ALL sexual advances, both WANTED and unwanted.

Ask a feminist of what significance the gender of a person who commits a sexual assualt is.

IMO since there is a special catagory of sexual assault crimes there should also be a special catagory of false reports of a sexual crime.

When a man is angry at a woman he can strike out and punch her on the nose (should he be so inclined).
When a women is angry at a man she can't strike out and punch the man on the nose for the same reason a man can not reach out and punch another man who is twice his size in the nose (save special circumstances in individual cases where one has special fighting skills or what have you). This does not mean that women do not get angry at men in equal amounts, or wish to do harm to men in equal amounts, they mearly out of necessity for self preservation need to find alternate means (such as getting their brother, boyfriend, or some man they are minipulating into thinking she is going to have sex with him to punch the guy in the nose; call the cops and make a false claim so the cops and judge metaphorically 'punch him in the nose', etc.

That is somewhat off topic but I think that since sexual assault is a separate crime (I have no problem with that and think in general the circumstances should determine punnishment) I think that there should be special penalties for false reports of sexual crimes because that is just as much about power and control as a sexual crime is, and arguably much moreso at least when compared to date rape scenario's.

I believe now the charge is a very benign 'filing a false police report' like if I call the police or go to the police station and say 'someone stole my watch, let me make a police report'. While in the instance of accusations of rape there is a targeted victim who is severely harmed. This is one area in which the criminal justice system mediating relations between males and females is very off kilter.

Ask a feminist if 'deriving support from prostitution' (this is what they charge pimps with) should be a crime and why. If they say stuff like because pimps beat and force the women to do prostitution ask her 'what about if the man is simply staying at home and looking after her needs but is not violent and does not push drugs on her or psychologically abuse her'? If she still argues that it should be a crime ask her:

Should deriving support from armed robbery, or deriving support from drug dealing, or deriving support from organized crime (as in wives and girlfriends of the 'criminals') be a crime.

rant over lol