View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: pokerbob checkraises me again

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see what value you thought you had in the river bet. What's Bob paying you off with, 99? He's a better hand reader than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need to value bet this hand on the river b/c we are ahead of more hands than we are behind. Pbob may be able to lay down 99, 88 or some other weaker hand but I think you've still gotta force bob to make the right decision and not allow him to get off the hook easily. If he folds here, you might try a similar line later w/a big draw.

On top of that there are metagame considerations against a thinking player like bob. Checking behind here might allow poker bob to get away from other hands on the river when you try to value bet them.

Folding the river is the correct play here b/c 1 pair is just no good when pbob c/r's you w/out a total bluff. OTOH, I wouldn't want to make a habbit of folding to Pbob's c/r all the time b/c he might be inclined to try to bluff you every once in a while. I fold this hand but def keep it in the back of my mind for the next time he tries to c/r the river.