View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

Im gunna throw a ball park estimate on his BR:

This year so far, the best players online have made

pr1nnyraid
$2.298.941,90 166 29190 179,21
sbrugby
$2.171.709,95 695 88135 681,07
durrrr
$1.168.792,05 440 61871 504,48
whitelime
$1.089.535,20 149 20731 155,9

(the guy said its YTD, however IDK if it is NL, or all games)

so it is safe to say (assuming those stats are for all HS games, not just NL) that if your the best, you'll make around 5 million +/- 1 or 2. Now keep in mind FT and other sites did not spread huge games always. So in previous years it may have been hard to make what you can make today.

So use this when calculating the projections of SB's winnings.

Now take this number, and subtract California and Fed taxes from it.

Now, IDK if he keeps all his money online or if he takes out money for stuff (down payment on house, care, blow). I am sure he takes a little out, after all, he does live in a nice area in SB.

Now we get to an accurate figure. 15 million BR? This would mean that over the last 2 years of his High stakes career, he made about 25 million (and thus played way beyond the level of the best player today for two strait years). Now IDK when the 2/4 and 3/6 tables were added, but they lay a big roll. If 3/6 did not exist a year ago, that means SB played/ran even better.

So IDK what his BR is, if it was a total ball park, I'd say now, after 3 mill loss, it is bellow 3 mill. Meaning it could be as little as 1 million. I would be surprised if his BR (not his net worth) was over 3 mill.

Either way, SB is definitely capable of winning his money back. And he understands that he has been the target of every HS player live and online. This really sucks b/c eventually he will break; he cannot beat every single opponent he faces and all it takes is that one opponent to break him. Now the edges in this game are small I would assume so "breaking" someone could take a long time. I am just saying it is possible.

Well, for me watching Brian play was boring b/c it was like so regular. He wins, he wins, he wins. Now that things are shaken up a bit, railing is a bit more interesting. (or at least it will be when brian comes back).