View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: $50NL at Full Tilt - Good place to start?

[ QUOTE ]

1. Given my bankroll, I understand that I should be playing at around $50NL. Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's correct.

However, I would suggest that you start off one level lower until you get confortable in the games. If you start at 25NL there is less of a chance you will have to reload your $400 deposit (even though your roll is $1k). Also, the online games, even at these levels, are tougher than the live games you're used to. SO I would recommend getting your "sea legs" at 25NL, and once you're comfortable move up as your roll allows.

[ QUOTE ]
2. After doing hardly any research, I deposited $400 at Full Tilt and started playing there, mostly because of the 100% deposit bonus. Is this a "good" site for my level? Are any others much better?

[/ QUOTE ]

FullTilt and PokerStars are the main sites for US players, and either is fine. You probably should have deposited the full $600 to claim the full bonus. Did you sign up with an affiliate at FTP to get rakeback? If not, the ship has sailed on that one, but for any new player its very important to sign up with rakeback, as even if you aren't interested in it now, you may want it later and this is the only time you can get it. There's no rakeback at Stars, but they have a more robust bonus system in its place.

[ QUOTE ]
3. If I'm looking for loose/juicy tables, what should I look for? Is it simply the higher players-to-flop percentage the better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you playing 6-max or full-ring? Yeah, look at % to the flop and average pot size. Get a HUD (gametime for free, or the more versatile PokerAce for a small price) to go with pokertracker, and it will help you identify players and their tendancies.

Best of luck.