View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: AQo facing a reraise...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like 4-betting because we really only like to see two folds (and that means we were ahead anyway). In position I'd be more inclined to 4-bet.

Please elaborate your thoughts here!!!

OOP I am more likely to 4 bet..IP I can use position to my advantage post flop..

Having both villains fold PF is the perfect result of a 4 bet..Playing AQo post flop OOP vs multiple villains can be very difficult..When we miss the flop an aggro villain C-bet we will be forced to fold our hand which will still often be best..OR if we had the initiative villain would be forced to hit his hand and most likely have to fold to our C-bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.

Maybe it is better to 4-bet PF. My only concern with 4-betting PF is that we have 3 likely results:

1) MP folds and CO calls. Now what do we do?

2) MP folds and CO shoves (I forgot how deep we are, so he may just raise) we hate it but we probably have to fold.

3) MP folds and CO folds. This is a great result however we were very likely a favorite over CO's hand.

So IMO, 4-betting is never for value because we won't likely get called by a worse hand PF (although we might). It costs us $ when CO shoves, we bloat the pot OOP when CO calls, and when he folds we let him fold a hand we would have liked to have played against.

Anyhow, that being said, I agree that playing an "already large" pot OOP 3-handed with AQ isn't fantastic either.

So maybe 4-betting and being happy when everyone folds or CO shoves is best.