View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Vic Champs at Crown (Melbourne, Australia)

I'll be there, playing tomorrow nights elimination event, fri limit and tues pot limit HE/Omaha/hilo.
Posted a thread in the strat forum re: elimination event. Will cross post here if that's cool. Feel free to delete if not appropriate.

Elimination Holdem
The Elimination Holdem event will be a Limit Holdem tournament with a maximum of 160 entrants commencing 10-handed. There will be no blind increases during play rather the lowest chipstack on each table will be eliminated after one full round of the dealer button (orbit). In the event
that there is a tie for the lowest chipstack, both (or more) tied players will be eliminated. In this
instance there will be no further eliminations on that table until all tables are balanced. Once a
player is eliminated their chipstack will be removed from play. At the time an elimination is due
to occur, the dealer will determine which is the lowest chipstack on their table. Once a player is
eliminated, their chipstack will be removed from play.
When the tournament is 6-handed or less, an elimination will be conducted after every two rounds. When the number of players on each table reaches five or less, there will be a seat redraw to form 10-handed tables. The button will always commence in the last seat. This shall apply at the beginning of the tournament and after each redraw.
In the event that a player exhausts their bank of chips, there will be no further eliminations on that table until all tables are balanced. On the final table, the format will change to No Limit.
When two players remain in the tournament, play will continue until one player has all remaining
chips. During the tournament players will be required to keep their chipstack neat and in full view at all times and the dealer is under no obligation to advise a player of the size of another player’s chipstack.

Should be fun, plenty of the crapshoot element, but I'm sure there are some unconventional strategies that can be effective. I guess the biggest thing will be the fluctuations in fold equity.