View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Why does everybody seem to hate Bush these days?

[ QUOTE ]
I know our country is not as good as it has been but in no way should that be viewed as the President's fault.

The price of being president is that you get all the credit and all the blame for everything that goes right and everything that goes wrong. The buck stops there.

Going to Iraq was a necessity at the time given the information we had and I don't think Bush gets enough respect.

He presided over an administration that one way or another gave him and the congress incomplete informaiton about WMD that turned out to be innaccurate. I don't believe he "lied" or that it's a big scheme to make money for big corporations. But I do believe that he did his best to error on the side of caution when faced with the threat of WMD. And in hindsight, he and his administration really screwed up. It's like playing a big hand in poker in which you put villain on a range of hands and "call" because you're ahead of his hand range. When he shows down the nuts, you may have made a "good decision at the time," but it's still your fault for getting stacked.

All in all Bush has done BETTER THAN ANYONE COULD given what he has had to confront in office.

This is impossible to prove or disprove. I believe he's doing his best. I also believe that I'm glad his term is up soon.

1. 9/11

2. War on Terror/Iraq War

These really weren't the same war until we invaded Iraq. But, now it is.

3. Gay Marriage/Abortion
I would advise people against both, but I'd prefer if the law allowed it. I don't like "conservatives" passing morality into legislation because you end up with laws against sending $ to poker sites and not being able to buy beer on Sundays.

4. Iran and North Korea (Big Four)

5. Economy (was going down when Bush entered office)
I am personally better off today than when Bush took office. I appreciate the tax breaks he made. I'll probably lose money when/if the Democrats get into office. For this, I'll give the current administration some credit.

Most important, he is a man of morals and integrity unlike his former successor. Clinton had NO Christian values whatsoever and whatever he did have it was a joke. I'd rather have a good Christan who may not speak perfectly than an atheist who speaks better than anyone.

I thought Jefferson was pretty good. But he wasn't a Christian in the sense that you might think of one. I'm not a big fan of guys who wear their religion on their sleeve while holding public office.

The point of this post is to make you think about how you would do were you in his shoes given the circumstances. Obviously, he's got some support as he won the past two elections.

Over half the country, by population, didn't even vote for him in the first election. Half the country always disliked and distrusted him except for a brief period after 9/11. And it's no surprie that late into his second term that he's getting bashed about the war as well as other administration problems and scandals. Second terms seem to be pretty tough on most presidents.

[/ QUOTE ]