View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Watches With Doodads

[ QUOTE ]
I'll advise you to avoid the omega's because of the unpredictability of their resale value.
I will also admit that I know jack **** about ladies watches, but keep in mind that the to have actual doodads that count as doodads in the market you're eyeing 10k is pushing the southern boundary.
Keeping within the coveted ten or so will assist you come time to offload one. Blancpain is wonderful, every watch they make is round faced and classic. Patek is always the way to go, as I've said before, unless of course a restriction of the type you've mentoined is in effect.
I don't know, I'm so unaware of the women's market, and am really just giving companies I know are top quality.

Patek Phillippe (obviously number 1 in every concievable catagory)
Blancpain
Jaeger le Coultre
Minerva (now defunct)
A. Lange and Sohne (German but still top notch)
There are others, but the watch world is a one which functions on guile.

just please don't asssist any company who openly sells anything with the insignia ETA or Valjoux, it means you have a peice of relative feces covered in precious metals and stones. The essence of a fine watch is the unbelievable amount of care and human toil put into it's design and construction, not how many diamonds one can fit in conspicuous locations to show the diminuitive proprtions of the penis.

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]

The blancpain is the early leader. I'll shop for a bit and let you guys know who made the first suggestion of the one I get. Thanks for the effort!