View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers. *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
if its in your window then it shipped

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Backspin, I think you're incorrect. With FTP transfers:

#1: The money is deducted from your account, and shows up in your account history as having been deducted. At this time, both you and the transferee should get an email that says "transfer request received and *processing*".

During this *processing* time, the money will be gone from your account, but will not yet have showed up in his. It's in the FTP 'ether'.

#2: Then, usually 5 to 20 minutes later, you both will get an email saying "transfer *approved*". Then, and ONLY then, will the other person actually have the money in his account.

For the record, when I do trades, I act exactly as this Donovan guy is acting. I won't send from my end until the transfer has been officially *approved* and I see the money in my account. If the both of you haven't received the *approved* email, then I don't think u can claim to have been scammed yet.

If you're in doubt, ask to see a screenshot of HIS cashier, or simply email FTP asking about the status of your transfer. Your announcing here that you've been scammed seems premature.

*EDIT: also, sam, this DonovanMD guy has been registered here for 4 months and has a couple hundred posts. You've been here 2 weeks and have 3 posts. I'm not saying that means he can't have scammed u...but just some food for thought about why you might not want to throw out accusations without a little more evidence that you've been swindled; new posters don't get much sympathy, whether it's deserved or not. Hope it works out for u!