View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Play though a hand with me here....

[ QUOTE ]

UTG is a tricky player who limp with monsters and many times will slowplay too much and get himself in trouble.

Generally speaking, several of them are very loose with their calls.

I decide that the stacks are so deep and theres a decent chance that he has a monster that maybe I could take his whole stack here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this information, which is just about everything you detailed about reads on these players up until now, I think you can make a call in this spot. I don't necessarily love the idea of playing a hand like 54s out of position, but if you know that you're either nailing the flop hard or jumping ship then it isn't so bad.

I especially like this if your reads on the remaining players would indicate that there will almost definitely be no reraising behind you. This is a very important thing to me here because a hand like this would certainly be folded to a reraise behind you.

The problem here is that your post is starting out as a very read dependent situation. Playing this hand in a vacuum I would fold instantly but playing live in a structure like this you really need to be able to rely on your reads to make choices like this easier. The composition of your table is integral to how this hand plays out and I would think that providing more of your information on player reads, which you say you will detail later as the information becomes pertinent, would be very helpful here. Do you make this call at a table where you've just been moved and are now playing your first hand there? Probably not. There's a reason you're making this call and filling the rest of us in on why you feel this way helps our decision making process.