View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Do you win at 6/12 at the Bay 101?

[ QUOTE ]
Captain R, I appreciate you advice here. Thanks. SSH has a very specific application against certain players in certain situations. But, it must be mastered and used appropriately.

[/ QUOTE ]

True of all powerful knowledge. That's actually why I don't recommend people read middle-limit books+, until they have the experience, because if you don't understand the full context of what/when/why an author is telling you something, it's easy to misapply it and end up playing really quite badly. There's a fine line between good play and retarded play at LHE. After all, you only have 3 options.

[ QUOTE ]

But, before I can fully use SSHE strategies I need to be a consistent winner using ABC poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITHE is more ABC than SSHE, but they're both pretty basic books.

And before TT jumps down my throat claiming I said something I didn't, I'll make it clear -- Yes, I think SSHE is a great book for postflop play. Jesus-f'ing-Christ.

I do actually think the section on different types of preflop hands is also pretty valuable, and the best treatment of them I've seen in print anyway. Stuff where they talk about the different types of hands (Big pairs, big broadway cards, suited big broadway cards, small pairs, suited connectors, etc.) is really valuable for a new player, because it forms the basics of how/when you want to play those hands.

So it's a great book all around.