View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: A unique \"fear\" of playing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For some reason though, when i was in Vegas recently and played live a lot, i didn't have that fear...

[/ QUOTE ]

while i'm lucky to play 500 hands online a day, i don't have a problem playing 8-12 hour sessions live! it's absolutely bizarre and depressing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing live is so diferent than playing online. Live is a social experience that you can feel and see and touch. There's a table and chips, real people, cocktail waitresses [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Live is sterile and cold and technical. I have a computer repair shop and work on computers all day. I prefer live play.

My problem is that I do better in games that don't mean much (I play in a free bar league, and win many tournaments and gain lots of points during the quarter.) But when it comes to the finals I play way to tight. When I play in cash games my fear of losing money makes me play way too tight, but when I get short stacked and loosen up I start winning again. I think the answer is to have fun where ever you play and don't take the games so seriously. All we can do is play our best and accept the results. Fun is the ultimate goal. The money will follow. I'll let you know how self diagnosis turns out. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

ps. I'm glad I found this forum. Just starting to explore the psychological part of my game. Very interesting! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]