View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Holdem SSNL Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i donk have much experience live, i usually buy in for about as much as i have on me.

for shorstacking 20bbs (i.e. the minimum) is the nizzles. you should rathole before getting to 30bbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is, in this book, they actually go into some depth to explain logically the characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages of different stack sizes (they discuss it in terms of SPR, but it's the same concept). they make an argument that sounds pretty reasonable to me, which is that ideally we'd like to get all-in with pot-sized bets on the flop and turn. by doing so we a) protect our hand against draws on the turn with a big bet and b) eliminate the possibility of being bluffed off our hand on the river.

with 33BB, it's a perfect fit. we can raise to 3BB and get 1 caller, make top pair or better on the flop, make a 7.5BB PSB, then push for our remaining 22.5BB stack on the turn (into a 22.5BB pot). you can up the stack to 40BB or 50BB if your opponents will call 4-5BB+ preflop raises and/or if you're typically getting more than one caller.

i have only minimal experience playing shortstacked, but this approach seems like it would be more profitable than just pushing preflop or on the flop with 20BB, and it doesn't seem like it would be awkward at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see what ure saying, but i think ure suffereing from being scared to play poker. also, if shortstacking, u really shouldnt be making full PSB, thats rly bad.
i know im gonna come off as a douchebag, but theres a lot about this i dont want to post right now.

all i was gonna realyy say in this thread that 30-70bb stacks are crazy awkward