View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Review of cover design

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say some of the ideas are quite radical! Min-Reraising with AK, or limping QQ to get to target SPR's etc. This book certainly has the potential to really change how the mid-stakes no limit games are played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have a lot of thinking to do.

A couple of questions for the authors:

I play in NL and PL holdem games that tend to see quite a few multiway pots at the 5-5 and 5-10 level (less so at the 10-25 level).

When a 3xBB EP raise can expect 3-5 callers half the time and relatively few reraises, doesn't it make sense to raise with any pocket pair no matter what your resulting SPR? If you give me 4:1 preflop with pocket pairs half the time, I don't need to make much when I flop a set to compensate for the times I don't.

Conversely, the conventional wisdom is that suited connectors play well mulitway. However, I have found that when 4-5 people see the flop for 1 raise and I flop a draw, I have surpassed the commitment threshhold on the flop. The problem is that so has anyone else with an overpair, 2 pair, set, etc. So, unless I have a combo draw, I have to decide whether to commit with at most 32-35% equity. Not fun ususally.

So, how do you handle 5-way pots with suited connectors when you typically wind up with SPRs of less than 10 on the flop? Fold preflop against conventional wisdom?

Many thanks.