View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Do you win at 6/12 at the Bay 101?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And there is nowhere that I can ever recall in that book where it advises 3-betting KQs,

[/ QUOTE ]

Page 83.

[/ QUOTE ]

your still stuck on the pre-flop chart? Its a post flop book! I thought you were quoting that from the text of the book, not the chart which Ed himself has said he would remove if he was writing the book today. Repeat after me: pre-flop errors are small, post flop errors are HUGE.

KQs vs a raise and 6-8 passive players on the flop is a re-raise all day long. You have position, they will check to the raiser, and your (in theory) smart enough to know that you don't always continuation bet the flop/get trapped with a hand that has reverse implied odds. I admit the edge is small but the reason why you play this way is the dead money in the pot filled with players who have on average 7%-11% equity make up the loss in edge vs the pre-flop raiser ( who has only 20% equity with a range of TT+,AJs+,KQs,AQo+,KQo if the other 5 players are playing a standard 35% VPiP range commonly found in these loose and passive games) if your on the button and you are likely to take control of the hand post flop. At worst a raise with KQs is a small error in inflating the pot when its multiway... but to dismiss the best book ever written for multi-way post flop play is ridiculous.

The reason why I recommend HGIYLHE is because its a book about learning how to adjust to multiple player types and table textures, and its question/answer format helps the reader formulate the reasons why a play occurs instead of reading without digesting the info. I often say its the question and answer book that Ed should have written after SSHE, in many ways HGIYLHE is SSHE The Sequel. (for what its worth there are a small amount of questionable pre-flop decisions in HGIYLHE as well but overall its a fantastic book).