View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: high hands: how do you play them?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Tx. Nice piece of advice about raising in multiway pot. I think I pretty much understand how to play them postflop. I don't usually proceed past the flop on a low flop, particularly multiway. I guess my problem is that I feel I play those hands too much, like almost every time I get them. I play them out of position, I cold-call with them when it's likely the raiser has aces. I'm wondering if others have more stringent guidelines. Do you only play them in multiway pots, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i'm UTG with a rainbow AKQJ it's going into the muck.

if there's an early position raise and i'm on the button with KQJ10, it's going into the muck.

dont play these hands unless the situation is or aims to be profitable, i.e., multiway, and especially multiway and in position.

a lot of people make the mistake of playing way too many hands preflop in LO8. i see guys who would otherwise be winning players, but they play any A4, any kind of double suited KQJ3 hand, etc, etc, thinking that they can actually play these hands profitably post flop, but it's a huge disadvantage to over come.