Thread: ehlp!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: ehlp!

[ QUOTE ]
I understand this part of the game. I was looking for some comment or different opinion of how I played the flop & turn.

[/ QUOTE ]Wackjob - You played fine on the flop and turn.

I would probably not have raised on the flop because I would want to keep as many customers in the pot as possible. However, since four opponents put in money after you raised, two (UTG+1 and CO) calling a double bet, you apparently played these particular opponents better than I would have.

From your perspective, looking at four high cards in your own hand and one low card on the flop, low will be enabled roughly one time out of three.

What can BB have to limp and then re-raise after you make it two bets? I'd guess also KQJX. Then what can UTG+1 and CO hold to call a double bet after this flop? I would presume they have some sort of fit with the flop. Sets? Straight draws? Two pairs? Hard to know what.

SB is a mystery.

Since BB seems to hold the same approximate draw as you, you decline (correctly in my humble opinion, although it seems a close decision) to make it four bets. In case your ship comes in, you really do want customers. But maybe I'm wrong and UTG+1, CO, and SB would all call another double bet.

Then everybody evidently misses on the turn (except that somebody now undoubtedly has a low draw) and the betting gets checked around on the third betting round. I don't see any realistic way for you to take down the pot here, and considering that BB probably has the same draw as you, you don't have favorable odds to initiate fresh money into the pot. Because of the two spades after the turn, you don't even have 12 outs anymore - just 8 outs. Now it's 36 to 8 against you. That would be close to enough to bet if you weren't almost surely looking at only half or maybe only a third of the pot if you made your straight on the river. (If all four called you bet, you'd be getting 3:2 for fresh money).

Buzz