View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 12:46 AM

Default First time at a \"nice\" course

Hi all,

I am just recently getting into the game of golf. I have what I'm sure is a crappy swing, I use an older set of used clubs (Yamaha Accurace irons/pw/sw/135wood) with some cheapo driver (Hippo Attacker), use a crappy ball, and I do not use a glove or golf shoes. I may substitute in 21* and 24* hybrids but I have not had any practice with them yet.

I have played the 9-hole par 27 muni in my town 3 times, shooting a 54 (before becoming semi-serious-but-not-really about practicing), and 42 twice (after said practice). I have had three pars there, and many penalty related stroke limit quad-bogeys. The longest hole on the course is 218 yards, which only allows me to use my driver that one time. I am horrible with fairway woods and barely take them out at the driving range, let alone play with them.

Anywho, on Wednesday I will be playing at the Oak Lane Country Club in Woodbridge, CT. From the white tees it has a 71.6/127 rating. I will have a late tee time, somewhere between 4-4:30pm, and will not have a cart. I will try to play the full 18, 6330yds, but the sunlight and my partner will determine that as I am his guest. We will be guaranteed the front 9 however, par-36 over 3125yds.

So with this limited information, go ahead and guess my front back and total scores. I have $1.10 or so left on pokerstars to distribute to the winners, or something.

P.S. I lied about this being the first time playing at Oak Lane. I actually played the front 9 last week but my partner and I played so terribly that we didn't even keep score. This time I definitely will.