View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: NL $25 QQ Bet into on the Flop

Couldn't I get information by just calling? If someone raises behind me (well, except button because he's so short), I could fold. If villain bets the turn, I think I can fold, especially if there's another call behind me.

I did in fact end up calling. I figured BB either had a set, or an overpair like 88/99 trying to "find out where he was at". So, against him I figured I was way ahead or way behind. I wasn't worried about button, he didn't have that much left so pricing him out wasn't as important as trying to close the betting and see the next street. SB was really my only concern. He checked, so I was banking on him folding instead of causing more trouble. Button called, SB did in fact fold. Turn was the T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and BB led again, this time for $6 into $11.5. I struggled with it, but I decided to fold. I didn't think he leads here again if he has 88 or 99. Button of course called all-in and after the blank river I got to see BBs flopped set of deuces take down the pot.