View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: New poster and does my strategy make any sense

Harv, Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely look it up. Since there are differencies between limit and no limit hold'em, would you suggest a reading order of some kind? So far I've acquired the following:

Theory of Poker
Little Green Book

I've ordered the following books:

Getting Started in Hold'em

A lot of people recommend Harrington on Hold'em I-III, but they seem to be no limit tournament books. I don't know if they are beneficial for me at this point, since my chosen game is a bit different. I do plan on playing no limit as well and getting myself into live games at some point, but as a starting point I'd like to focus on limit games.

So I'll look up The Mathematics of Poker as well. I'll go through the articles and posts about micro stakes as well, as long as it's worthwhile knowing, I'm happy to read it.

Are there any books about analyzing vast amounts of hands? It sounds fairly simple, but I'd like to get the advantage of doing things correctly from the beginning if such books exists.

Thanks for the input, I'm going to document how things advance so if there's going to be any action, I'll share it with others if anyone wants to know.