View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: English Premier League: Sunderland

Ya. I dont see them finishing in the top 6 bar a miracle. And ya I don't want to get carried away here with myself either. Its one of the teams that was lifted up to the Premiership and I am trying to get familar with them. But at the same time I feel like they could make a strong showing.

Keane is young as a manager but he has a drive and won't settle for anything but a win. What worries me is that should Sunderland ever get to a slump for a while he will be to stubborn to try something new or heed other peoples advice.

The potential prospects of getting Craig Gordon and Leighton Baines really makes me think that, along with Russell Anderson and Greg Halford, that they will have a vastly improved defense from when they were in the champions league (which is good. they will need that now that they are in the premiership). With their added punch with the new striker Chopra (I don't expect him to perform miracles but he should easily contribute 10 goals this season) and their other strikers I think Sunderland will easily outperform the bottom half. I wouldn't be surprised if they did place 12-15 but I wouldn't be suprised if they went 11-9 place either.

Then again it is still in the air whether they will get Gordon or Baines but Keane has said he is looking to add 2-3 new players very shortly.

I guess if you had to rate Sunderlands goalies, defenders, midfielders, and strikers what ranks would you give them with the rest of the division?