View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Aces spot.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

free cards are a terrible idea, just about always.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand how this is an "always" situation.

In fact, I check the flop a lot of times (in many different situations) to re-evaluate and think that it's the right idea, especially when you don't know where you are and am probably calling down. I think it makes it a lot easier to play and controls pot size.

If the board came TT2r, do you still think flop = 100% bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I bet the flop. We aren't talking about playing AA 5 handed. Checking for information with position? that makes no sense. Read Buzz's post again, he gives some really good reasons why checking here is specifically sucky, and because I can't think of a good reason to ever do it, I'd never do it. Also realize, you gain 0 information by checking, but by betting you can gain a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fair enough. But on like a TT4 board, what info do you need? You're either way ahead or way behind. Betting the flop will get raised or called by a better hand while checking induces bluffing and gains information via delayed cont bet method.