View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Stars T$/W$ System and Satellites

[ QUOTE ]

As I said in my post, if you run into a scheduling conflict with the tourney, you lose a few hundred dollars. This would make me less inclined to play sats unless I KNEW I was able to make the day. If I was even unsure, I wouldn't take the risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem if a few less people play when they are 'not sure' yet if they will be available on that day. I really think if you're playing in a sat you should be playing it so that you can play the tourney the sat is for. Also, with Stars support I'm sure if you emailed them the situation they would allow you to transfer your entry to another tourney as long as you weren't continually asking to have this done.

[ QUOTE ]
Sat grinders obviously don't want a "must play first seat" policy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] -- and most importantly, because satellites are profitable for Stars, and the 'target' tournaments like the Sunday Mil are well-populated and seem to always meet their guarantees, there's no real impetus for Stars to change their system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except to make it a better place for the casual player to play. While much of their business does come from grinders/sharks without having a site full of casual/fish type players they will lose the other players quickly. It's been argued many times that we would like to see better/longer structures and the counter argument has always been that they still need to cater to the casual players who can't commit so much time or have to be at work the next day and don't want to play in a tourney that last until early in the morning.

Full Tilt obviously does fine getting players to play its sats and has no problem filling its tourneys so I can't see Stars forcing you to play your first seat hurting their business.