View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you checked out PAH's Aggression Frequency? This is a much nicer and easier to deal with number then Aggression Factor. PT3 will most definitely contain Aggression Frequency as well as any other stat currently available in PAH but not in PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have always used Aggression Frequency and I agree that it's better than PT's Aggression Factor. The preflop agression and looseness measures are fine, as is PAHUD's postflop aggression measure. A good, simple postflop looseness measure is what's needed. I suggest simply the percent of the time that a player calls bets postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply the inverse of Folds to <Flop/Turn/River> Bet which is already in PAH. What am I missing? The combination of this stat with Aggression Frequency should be more than sufficient, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The main problem is that it isn't simple. I'd have to calculate the inverse of the average of three stats to get the simple looseness measure I'd like to see. With 15 seconds to act, I want a few simple stats most of the time. PFR, VPIP, and Aggression Frequency qualify. I'm suggesting adding a similarly simple postflop looseness measure.

If it's just the inverse of those three stats, it sounds like it would be easy to add. And, in my opinion, you'd add another winner as you did when you created Aggression Frequency.

Also, you might consider whether a looseness measure should include aggression as well. Perhaps not. The inverse of Folds to <Flop/Turn/River> Bet presumably also includes aggression (raises). Perhaps percentage of time they call is the optimal measure, though I don't know if it would be as easy to produce that stat.