View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Overall I really enjoyed this. I kinda blasted through it so that it was safe to read the internet again, and will be re-reading it this week.

Random thoughts:

1- I really marked out when everybody started showing up in the RoR for the final battle and the general rallying of the troops in Hogwarts. Can't wait to see this in the movie.

2- I thought there was some real genius in who died and how. As somebody mentioned in another thread, it made the war feel real to have people other than "yellow shirts" die. Doing it "off-screen" was just more effective.

3- I don't really feel like she did enough with Snape to earn "kid's middle name" status back from all the bad stuff he did. I also thought that this plotline was the most cliche.

4- I thought the Ron/Hermoine relationship was really well done. I thought Harry and Ginny was pretty much not. I don't really feel like (throughout the whole series) we saw enough reasons for Harry to be so ga-ga.

5- The concept of the Hallows themselves was a little tired. Too much of the series felt like the slightly played out video game concept of running around searching for objects. I'm not really sure how much they added to the book given all the other drama.

6- The epilog was nice in parts, but I wish had touched up more on other characters. I wanna know how George is doing w/o Fred?