View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Stars T$/W$ System and Satellites

I'm unclear as to why exactly you think running a lot of satellites is bad. Having sats to specific events makes it much easier and simpler for the majority of satellite players who are playing for a seat into a tournament. I think if you took this away and implemented a must play rule sats would get much less traffic, big tournaments would get fewer players, and stars would make less in rake. With the variety that they currently provide it makes it easier for players to qualify for an event since they can choose which satellites they like and suits them best.

With the way stars does $T and $W sats to different types of tournaments need to be distinguished and imo, most people that sat into a $W tournmanet play it and don't sell their seat for $W as most players don't understand how they work or how to go about selling them.

If all sats were for $T you'd still need to have different games for the different types of wcoop events.

Also if you don't include sng or the sunday million ds sats that run 4 times/hr there are generally only 7 or 8 sats/hr, including fpp sats. You're 30/hr mark is way off.

Variety is good, for the players and for the site. I would play at FTP much more if they didn't have a must play satellite rule.