View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: No limping in 6 max?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folded to you in MP with 22. CO and button are both 60/5's.

I limp here and you should too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Even if I know they are both guaranteed to call, I still like raising to build the pot in case I hit. Obviously, it is much easier to stack people in a raised pot, and if I know they are going to call down with middle pair / TPNK, I get that much more value by inflating the pot PF. If I miss, I have no problem check/folding, knowing they are going to call c-bets. Is this wrong? Does limping really show greater EV than raising against this specific opponent type?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what FoldEqu1ty is saying Choparno, is that it's -EV to raise it. looses more money long term in that sitch as even if u hit lots could beat u like draws as well as oversets. out of curiosity, assuming u miss, r u Cbetting?

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make sense Goos. The possibility of losing to draws/oversets doesn't change whether you limp-call or open raise with two calling stations behind you. I think raising is definitely +EV, it's just a question of whether limping has greater expectation than raising in that specific spot. And no, as I said above, I am not c-betting in that spot as the preflop raiser if I have missed my set and know I am going to get called.

By the way nice avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]