View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Confessions of a donk

Good post man

I am going through this very stretch right now. I just got my BR up to almost $170-$180 and decided to take a stab at 10NL. Well, the last couple days I have seen my BR go from $170ish, down to $123. I lost about $40 at 10NL and a couple buyins at 5NL after I decided to move down.

I feel like nothing has changed from when I was winning at 5NL over the last 10K hands. I even tightened up a little bit (from 22/13 down to 19/13). But looking back at it, I felt I was entitled to every pot I was in cause I "knew" i had the best preflop hand. Little did I know, the preflop hand counts for very little when the other 5 cards are on the board and your hand doesn't improve. Certainly there has been a few bad beats here and there (including several 2-3 outters) but overall, I think I'm going way to far with hands.

I've decided to return to the 5NL level and grind my BR back up. I'm still in the green overall, which is nice, but my winnings are a little less now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Once again, good post