View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Biggest Golf Pet Peeve

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, you don't get to second guess Alister Mackenzie becaue you hit a poor shot or don't like the hole. It is a 320 yard hole and you missed your approach in the wrong place. Then you blew a flop shot. you should be happy you get to play there and if you haven't you might want to read some things about Mackenzie. I mean you are playing a golf course done by one of the best architects ever. Now you can complain a little if the greens are too fast for the contour designed into them. Some old greens were not meant to be that fast. Contour is interesting and people's desire for excessively fast greens can lead to less interesting golf when architects design flatter greens to accomodate the desired green speeds. I do envy your chance to play there, enjoy it. Did the renovation in the '90's do much to the hole, do you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they changed the green in the early 90s, it used to be different. I'm not exactly sure what they did to the hole. I am a student there right now, so I can play for very cheap ($25/round). I'm not complaining about the course at all, as it is a very nice golf course, but that hole just irks me because when the pin is up top, you either hit a near perfect shot or have a very difficult up and down for par.