View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: quick checkup: I get sexied

[ QUOTE ]
Wildly different hand since you know UTG+1 doesnt have an ace after checking the turn, and he knows u know it.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not really clear. A hand like A9/A8 might check behind on the turn when his kicker gets destroyed.

[ QUOTE ]
How many of you would think im bluffing here if you had JJ-KK?

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did I get that from? 3-betting the flop and checking the turn with a WA/WB hand like QQ is poor play without a specific reason.

I will concede that many Villains do play this way with second pair so your question is not moot.

As for your question I wouldn't think about it at all. Why should I waste my energy thinking when in about two seconds I'm going to see your cards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?

Seriously this is an example of my holistic approach to poker. I've deliberately created chaos with my flop and turn play. I don't know what he has and I have very little idea what he thinks I have. I may also have irritated or provoked him with my fancy 3-bet/free card play. For me to create a situation like that and then bet-fold the river with position is just bad play. If I can't make this call then I don't bet.