View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Do you win at 6/12 at the Bay 101?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play there all that often, but a friend of mine who lives a lot closer does. He tells me the 6/12 game is a nit-fest and the place to be is 8/16 w/hk. Lots more action.

Onaflag........

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks that is good to know.

I have played the 8/16 game and it lineup specific IMO. Some players can burn your chips if you are not careful. Big swings can occur. I sometimes win +800 and sometimes lose -800 in a session. So, now I mostly stick to 6/12 where there are more tables going.

[/ QUOTE ]

<begin brag>
In my opinion and experience (a few hundred table hours total, not huge, but I'm a recreational player) the B101 6/12 and 8/16 are both quite beatable with basic SSH strategy. I'm doing about 0.5 BB/hr at both, and I feel like I've got plenty of room for improvement.
<end brag>

Both games are lineup specific, of course, and you do see a few players in the 8/16 slumming after busting out of 20/40 (but if they play 20/40 like they play 8/16, I need to build my roll to get into the 20/40!). But overall I don't think there's a major difference in quality of opponents. The drop is a smaller percentage of the blind at 8/16, so if you have the bankroll to handle the swings I'd play 8/16.

If you're swinging that much consistently, I think you may be playing a pretty laggy game. Of course, I'm almost always the tightest player at the table, often getting comments like "You haven't played a hand in 2 hours and now you're raising? I call." Unfortunately that comment is sometimes followed by a bad beat. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

BTW, the Garden City 8/16 has the half kill, not the B101 8/16. Haven't played GC 8/16 yet...

Oh yeah - and what TT said. Excellent advice.