View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Do you win at 6/12 at the Bay 101?

I haven't kept track as well as I should, and I haven't played there much in the last 3 months trying to gear up for the WSOP, but I'm probably about break even, which isn't in your poll.

I very seldom have encountered nitty tables. They are usually fairly loose, which is tough to beat if you're not getting the cards. Sometimes they are very loose and wild, in which case I'm mostly a spectator. Since I mostly get crappy cards, I don't have consistent results. Either way, I wouldn't sweat the rake that much because the pots are usually fairly big. You'd be paying the same in Vegas for the most part.

I'm sad to see the 2/4 game disappear, apparently to make room for the higher raked spread limit games. The 2/4 brought in lots of new blood and I think they're going to be hesitant to step up to 3/6.

What does "8/16 w/hk" mean?

edit: I forgot to mention the luckbox warning. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it seems like there are more monster luckboxes in the 6/12 games than others. If you sit down at the table and see 1 or 2 guys with a mountain of chips, be wary of them for awhile. If they're playing almost every hand, you're not going to beat them no matter what you have. They are on a monster rush and the only time they fold is if they are falling behind on stacking their chips.