View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: U.S. businesses accept pesos. Immigration hawks go nuts.

[ QUOTE ]
Please stop imputing racism to other people with no basis. I have pointed out several reasons for opposition to illegal immigration that have nothing to do with xenophobia or racism.

Is everyone who believes in anything less than completely open borders a racist? You'd probably cry foul if I accused you of hating poor people just because you're a capitalist, so don't pull the same garbage against other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why shouldn't everyone have the same opportunities that you do? Why are you so special just because of the place you were born?

Listen, I think illegal immigration is wrong and should be stopped. But I think the easiest way to stop illegal immigration would be to make legal immigration much easier. I don't see why anyone should be denied entry into the country unless they are a criminal.

To deny people to opportunity to pursue their dreams by coming to this country and working hard just because they weren't born here goes against the spirit of a freedom, capitalism, and democracy.

As long as you are keeping criminals out, I can't see any reason why someone would oppose open borders other than xenophobia. You value people who were born in this country more than people who weren't. Isn't that basically the definition of xenophobia?