View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Do you win at 6/12 at the Bay 101?

This is where I get to wear my tough love hat - You need to move up so people will respect your raises ;p

Of course people beat the game. sorry to hear your not. Turning to the B&M forum to figure this out is a waste of time IMHO, start working on your game to figure out all the things your doing wrong by spending time in the strategy forums on 2+2 (which i know you already do - just pointing out its part of the plan), watching videos on sites like Deuces Cracked (they do single table limit videos, perfect for your situation), and lasty reading and re-reading Small Stakes Hold'em, How Good is your Limit Hold'em, and Winning in Tough Hold'em Games (this book is like loaded dynamite though, make sure you know how to adjust the strategy accordingly to the table texture found in the 6/12 game). My advice would be to take a month off of playing, only focus on learning and reading for 30 days - then return. Self Improvement!

PS: The VAST majority of players on 2+2 are not winners/suck at poker/etc. This place has a magical "feel good" vibe where people tend to think that by posting here they play good, that couldn't be father from the truth for most. But thats ok, the path to enlightenment is through knowlege of your own ability. First step is accepting you need to work on your game (which it seems you have already done), second step is to figure out why your losing - is it just varience, short term results oriented thinking?

PPS: For what its worth I am stuck for the year, I haven't turned a profit yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This is the first time I've ever been in this situation, its about time varience looked down on me unfavorably!