View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: How would you adjust?

[ QUOTE ]
Here are the typical conditions/players at the place I play (live).

It's 1/2 NL (full table). Plays like a 2/4 or 2/5 though. Standard raise is $15-20, and there are around 3 players on most flops. Players aren't exactly calling stations, but will pretty much call any bet when they are on a decent draw.

Other information: lotta limpers and straddling. If there are 6 limpers and the button raises to $20, there'll be around 3-4 players seeing the flop. Players here are quite weak, but not stupid tourists.

I can see two ways to adjust to such a game, and was wondering what you all think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your description, there's too much money going in preflop for any sort of implied odds strategy. Such games are very easy to beat.

I would wait for a big pair or AKs in the hole, limp into the field if in early position, and then push when the $20 multiway action gets back to me.

If they start folding to your limps, raising to a more reasonable value, folding to raises, or just not raising when you're in the pot, you can adopt a more rounded strategy. But until they adapt, just stick with that.