View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 08:38 AM

Default $8-$16 Hold\'em hand ... California style

Hero is on the button with 7d6d and 4 limpers pre-flop. I raise. UTG limper re-raises and it TAG, I'm probably viewed as TAG, but I know this player and he playes pretty formula driven.

As I side, UTG 3 bet, everybody calls and I decide to cap it.

Flop -- Jd 6s 6h UTG bets, 1 caller, and I call.
Turn -- Qd UTG bets, 1 caller, I raise, UTG 3 Bets.
River -- Qc and UTG bets and I call.

UTG shows KK, I show my hand and take the pot.

Questions: (or comment on the following)

I like my pre-flop raise simply because I don't do it very often. Maybe 1 in 8 for suited connector of this sort. On the negative side, I really like 1 more limper.

I was neutral about the cap. At this point I'm neither ganing anything or losing anything, just producing variance, and it gives a nice illusion of action.

The 3 bet on the turn, do I re-raise here or just call? I'm really not liking the 3 bet but so much dead money in the pot at this point, I decided to just call/call. I know his hand range at this point is AA,KK,QQ,JJ so standard bayes tells me I'm 50-50, with 1 out to the nuts, with about 17BB in the pot.

On the river I feel better that the QQ came runner runner. Still suspicious of JJ though. I contemplate a value raise on the end but I'm not going to want to fold my hand if I'm raised ... so I just opt to call.

Comments on all stages welcome.