View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: PPA should disassociate itself from scandal ridden CEO Poker tour

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, I'm a PPA member, since I get emails from them claiming that. I eagerly await the PPA response to this thread, but I also feel jaded that they would associate with people like this . Anything less than legal action would garner a no-confidence vote from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple points here. Lots of players associated with CEO PT also. And this missing prize money went on for several events before anybody noticed/spoke up.

Granted, the PPA should be held a bit more accountable for associating actions than should players and should be a bit more involved/aware of the business practices of organizations which they attach their name to. But at the same time, I think you can cut them a little slack in this matter. Their main goals right now are and should be to increase membership and to fight for a change on the internet front. One way to do this is to get more of a presence at events.

I certainly don't mean they should be absolved from any fault by their association with CEO PT, or that they should just walk away now that this situation has been brought to light. But if they can lend a hand in bringing this situation to a satisfactory conclusion, I think it is more than reasonable for PPA members to view their association with CEO PT as a forgivable mistake from a young association that seems to have good intentions. Hopefully, when this is concluded, the PPA will see this as a learning experience.

Note to Greg/PPA: I also think this is a great opportunity for the PPA to step up and show how great of an organization it can be for the time going forward.