[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what? Voting's a waste of time anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But convincing lots of people to vote your way isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

But convincing lots +1 is bad?

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Who said it was?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's referring to you advocating the election of a coercive statist via the vote of a majority (lots + 1)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that's not what he's referring to. He's referring to the perceived futility of casting a single vote in a presidential race.

[/ QUOTE ]

SO many guess [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Vag is right, though that wasn't exactly what I was refering to.

I'm mostly laughing at the idea that "Voting isn't moral, yet getting others to vote isn't". It's a ridiculous argument. Boy I wish I could change this flat tire, but that's wrong, maybe someone else will do it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that make Vag right? What I said is just a shorter statement of your last paragraph. Implicit in "advocating the election of a coercive statist via the vote of a majority" is the idea that voting is immoral, and that Borodog is a hypocrite for advocating others to vote for a statist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vagos' point is right, but he wasn't right in his assumption of what I said. You are right also, and you're closer to what I said.

Vagos,
Yeah sorry man, it really wasn't a dig at you. I did it in another thread a while back and I just call people by their nicks all the time. I can see why being called "Vag" is a little bad, though in my head it is prounounced with a "ga" sound not a "ja" sound.

Also, sorry for the hijack and if anyone wants to keep the "voting" topic open, we should probably take this elsewhere, he did ask nicely after all.

Cody