View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: AK pf and deep against stations

I think the fact your with lots of stations solidifies a large raise here. The pot will be inflated, so limping here will leave us less maneuvering room post flop, with a pot this size we won't know we're beat until our chips are in the middle, It will occasionally get shown a set/st/fl/2p to an A/K high flop that we're never getting away from being under repped going in. Although I agree, an under-repped A post flop vs poor post flop players can be +EV. If your putting one of your donk villians 100% on an A, ( you can vs donks) and play it to flop the ace and remove his stack, the math is very similar to playing small pairs meaning approx 24 BB win must be gained when we flop the A, unlike a set however, there are more two pair hands that we are losing to. You have those odds here, so the case can be made, but donk reads must be good and opponent specific, with all these variables (too many to the flop here), it's a much easier hand to play getting a big raise in here.. I like the 600 to go, re-evaluate, prolly shove any flop we don't crush.