Thread: KG
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: KG

[ QUOTE ]

Also...imo, "signing" KG isn't an option for any team next summer...it's all in the context of a sign-and-trade, for the reasons I noted in my above post. If KG decides he wants to be on the Lakers (for instance), next summer Minny takes Bynum and Odom's expiring contract and then sign-and-trades KG to the Lakers (with his new 4/yr $80M contract) along with spare parts. Same thing with Marion and Atlanta's 1st, or Josh Howard and Devin Harris, or any other of a half-dozen teams that are or would become championship calibre with KG suiting up for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if KG wants to be on the Lakers, won't he want to play with Odom and Bynum? Without them, the Lakers are a two man team without any bench or depth. For the Suns, Marion is gone anyways, but otherwise trying to work a sign and trade to gut the team you are going hurts your chances at a ring.

I'm betting he's smart enough to see this and take much less than market to get a deal done that doesn't cost his new team too much in terms of talent.