View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Carnoustie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking this up in the rule book would have taken 2 minutes max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to www.opengolf.com would have taken anyone 2 minutes max, much faster than reading through this thread to find out who is leading and how everyone is playing. I suppose that would make this thread pointless, except this is a DISCUSSION forum. Typically you DISCUSS things of interest, such as the ruling another poster asked about, instead of holding up a big sign that says "LOOK AT ME I'M SMART I KNOW THE ANSWER AND YOU DON'T HAHA!" and making me spend 2 minutes of my time to go look it up (and then 2 more minutes of my time to post it to save 2 minutes of everyone else's time).

99% of us here know how to go to google and type "rules golf ball moved," and > 50% of us probably have a copy of the latest rules of golf in our golf bags; however, why should we have to take our time to go look for the information if you already said you have it and it would have taken you less time to type it than it took for you to rationalize why you didn't? Are you going to reply with "you suck take lessons" next time someone posts a swing video rather than take 2 seconds to say "keep your head down" if that's the obvious problem?

jeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, discuss - that's what the "just google it" crowd miss. Posts lead to other posts - leads to threads - leads to message boards. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]