View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Donking into the raiser, *theory*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I rarely donk into the PFR. I am almost always bluffing when I do and I just mash the pot button. They always fold. Sounds like I should do it more I guess but I really think checking the flop 100% to the PFR fits better into my overall gameplan / ppls tendency to cbet too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty much exactly where i stand right now. i feel like a jackass quoting such a successful players post and making it seem like these were my thoughts, but they are. for most of my career at anythign above 2/4, i've just checked to the pfr and CR bluffed a lottt. this has been successful for me, and somewhat of a trapping style that i have.

anyways, now though i'm really looking to expand on that and lead sometimes (because i think it's necessary and i'm really staring at relative position when i'm thinking about leading in m-way pots). a major reason tbh is that i am friends with someone who is a durrr fanboy, and says he donks a LOT. this is kind of a weird reason, but if someone is successful, there has to be reasons to do it, etc. even if i at sometime chose to that checking to the pfr is the best thing, i want to know that i at least experimented or whatever with donk betting.

basically, i'm looking at points in time to use this more than just "looks like he missed- it's cheaper to donk bet than CR; let's do that!"

i'll report my findings

[*please note that i'll probably report my findings in a few hundred thousand hands by saying: "haha you donks, i found out where it's awesome to donk into the pfr- hahaha i won't tell you"]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised it took so long before a few people said this. I'm still somewhat skeptical about overusing donk bets, but I would like to incorporate them into my game a tiny bit more than currently.

By the way, where does the name donk bet originate from?