View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: 2nd nuts on river

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I try to have at least some redraws when pursuing hands like this. The way I see it you had only a couple of runner runners going for you on the flop and even then you could still be beaten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't need redraws if I have the best hand on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the best hand is top pair I think you definately need redraws with 2 others still in the hand. Especially out of position.

[ QUOTE ]
There aren't that many hands that are going to be a "sure thing" - you won't be a winning player if you only bet when you have the nuts. And it's rare that someone else has the nuts either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree, but you didn't bet. You called. Twice. Telegraphing the hand you were on.

[ QUOTE ]
You say I'm severely punished on the river but you don't whether I won the hand? As played, I'm sometimes ahead and sometimes not. My question to the forum is how often I am ahead and therefore whether or not this is a profitable place to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you actually called this river push from a passive player who didn't do anything until the flush card hit and was bet into by another passive player, I'd say that you're going to loose a lot of money in these situations.

Unless you have a note on this player saying that he bluffs like this often. (which would make him a dream to play against)

As I said before, I'm just starting Omaha and have a lot to learn, but I don't see how the way you played most of this hand is not a big leak.

Don't worry, I'll be posting some hands soon and I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be pretty [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]