View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: What do you think hes got?

thanks for the advice guys - and your absolutely right - i wasnt happy about the way I played this at all.

Call pre-flop... bad.

Flop, was planning on folding, but his bet just seemed all wrong, and everyone else dolded. I knew he was a decent player, and I just couldnt see him betting 25% of the pot with 5 other people in the hand if he had a queen as there are two many flush ddraws out there, He'd be betting it bigger here.

I think my read was right there, but I should have thought it through a bit more.

So what do I know.

1) he hasn't got just a queen, the bet would make just not sense here.
2) he's a decent player, so he's not betting air.

This puts him on either
a FH or better - 99, Q9, QQ - i.e so he's not afraid of the flush
a flush draw.
a pocket pair - I think AA and KK would certainly have raised pre-flop, in fact I think QQ qould have too, so the four of a kind above is unlikely too.

pocket pair below 9 probably isnt betting this flop with so many players in, so pocket pairs 1010, JJ only real possibility of the PPs

My options.

1 ) Raise all in - hes maybe calling with 1010, or JJ. folding a flush, and calling with a FH or better (obviously)

2 ) Raise 1000 or so - not really good, as he could be calling with teh flush drw and i dont know where I am.

3 ) Call here, push a non diamond turn. Probably gets him to fold 1010 or JJ as well (especially since ace hit - but couldnt have known that)

4 ) Fold.

I think I think only the last two are any good, but probably should have just folded.

Thoughts?