View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: tough turn spot w/ small str8 vs tournament professional

[ QUOTE ]

im not sure how Hellmuth plays cash other than bad, but if he plays similar to tournies, which I suspect, he wouldnt be 3 betting TTT or two pair or a combo draw on this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a friend taht played 12 hours with him in monte carlo and said almost this exact thing. he said phil waited to the river to get money in without the stone cold nuts. i.e. he flops top set on T 8 7 and keeps getting bet into, flat calling. finally river and turn brick and the guy checks and he puts a small retardo value bet out, and makes a comment about how the guy actually convinced him he flopped a straight by leading into him so strong. another example he check calls two streets with a straight flush draws misses and shows.

from all accounts phil likes to wait until he's got the stone cold nuts and play passively, especially in position.

i really don't see how he ever shows up with pair + sd or pair + fd tbh, or even any two pair- maaaaaaaybe a set, or much more likely J7 or QJ, or total random "you can't CR my float easily" bull [censored].

that's just my read from what i've heard, coupled with what ahnuld said and i agreed with.

p.s. i would almost be positive that phil does not necessarily distinguish between touranments and cash games; which is what makes him so bad at cash and early on with a lot of bbs in tournaments.