View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: roflmao 60 hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some really tough players play 60, super tough game. i want to share with you all how tough the game can be.

bb who is an old guy who plays every hand limps utg, asian man who is terrible limps, maybe some others of teh limp limp.

the flop is 4c3cTh. check, bet, call. heads up.

the turn is 8s. check, bet, call.

the river pairs the 3. check, bet, call.

the asian guy turns over Jc9c and says i missed everything. the old man exclaims "i knew he was bluffing!" and slams down triumphantly 5c2c for the nut low. problem is were playing limit hold em hi.

when the rest of the table explained to him over and over how even though he caught the guy bluffing he still had nothing and wouldnt get the pot, he didnt seem to care. he just laughed and said "i caught him. i knew he was bluffing, i knew it. he missed his flush." he was quite proud of himself for his excellent read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is the fabled -1 level of poker. While the tragic hero was exerting his effort into putting his opponent on a hand (a bluff) he neglected to put himself on a hand and wound up calling with the 5 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I'm so happy I finally read this thread after not winning a hand for the last four hours.

I can't wait till I'm in LA suffering bad beats like these. It will be heaven.